Welcome to M.Therapy Studio!
At M.Therapy Studio, we are dedicated to promoting overall well-being and a healthier lifestyle through a range of mindful movement practices. Our studio offers a serene and welcoming environment where you can explore the benefits of Pilates, Gyrokinesis® and yoga.
Why Choose M.Therapy Studio?
- VIP experience & privacy: our studio is dedicated to women and their needs. Our central focus is on personalized training, ensuring that you have the studio all to yourself, accompanied by your dedicated trainer. A significant portion of our clients seeks us out for this VIP-like treatment. They prefer our studio over traditional gyms due to their aversion to crowded workout spaces, bustling changing rooms, and the desire for a discreet, personalized environment
- Expert Instructors: Our experienced and certified instructors are dedicated to helping you achieve your fitness and wellness goals.
- Personalized Approach: We understand that every individual is unique. That’s why we offer personalized sessions to ensure that you get the most out of your practice. While you engage in your workout, our skilled trainers carefully assess your needs and tailor the exercises to target specific areas for improvement. This includes enhancing your posture, building core strength, stabilizing your body, and focusing on isometric exercises. Pilates training is a comprehensive full-body workout, but we can also customize the session to concentrate on specific areas of your choice upon request. Our training is suitable for individuals at the beginner, intermediate, or advanced levels, with each session progressively intensifying to provide a continuous challenge
- 100% Dedication. Your instructor remains by your side, offering undivided focus and closely monitoring your every movement. They provide hands-on guidance, ensuring your posture and alignment are spot on. Our instructors are dedicated to teaching you the art of proper Pilates breathing, coaching you on the nuances of inhaling and exhaling during each exercise. They are exclusively committed to your session and don’t divide their attention among multiple clients.”
- Training for Your Complete Well-Being. At our studio, it’s all about nurturing your body, mind, and spirit. Our trainers guide you to forge a deeper connection with your breath, your body, and your inner energy. This experience provides a precious opportunity in your day to detach from the hustle and bustle, find mental tranquility, and simply be your authentic self. While our classes may challenge you, you’ll emerge feeling reinvigorated and fully prepared to tackle a bustling day (or evening)!
- Welcoming Environment: Our studio provides a calm and inviting atmosphere, where you can focus on your well-being without distractions.
- Health and Wellness: We believe in the power of movement to promote a healthier lifestyle, reduce stress, and improve mental clarity.
Meet Abbie, Our Furry Therapist:
Initially, Abbie, my Yorkshire Terrier, joined us at the studio because of my desire to spend more quality time together. However, she quickly became the star of the show. Abbie exudes boundless energy and enthusiastically welcomes you with a warm embrace. Throughout your session, she offers her unique form of support, closely supervising your exercises whether it’s from your arms, a distance, or even from the cozy sofa. And, at the session’s end, she joins in for some relaxing stretches.
Pilates on Equipment(Reformer) with a Personal Trainer
Elevate your Pilates experience with our specialized equipment. Our studio is equipped with top-of-the-line apparatuses that allow for a more dynamic and personalized Pilates session. Reformer is the most popular of this equipment. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced practitioner, our instructors will tailor your session to your unique needs.
Experience the rejuvenating and invigorating movements of Gyrokinesis®. This method is designed to increase your flexibility, balance, and vitality through flowing exercises that integrate the breath and rhythmic, circular motions. Our Gyrokinesis® classes will leave you feeling refreshed and energized.
Pilates on the Mat
Discover the core-strengthening and flexibility-enhancing benefits of Pilates. Our expert instructors will guide you through a variety of mat exercises that focus on building a strong foundation, improving posture, and increasing body awareness.
Find your inner peace and balance through our yoga classes. Whether you’re new to yoga or a seasoned yogi, our classes cater to all levels. Explore various styles of yoga, from Vinyasa to Hatha, and enhance your strength, flexibility, and mindfulness.
The Pilates method, often referred to as simply “Pilates,” is a comprehensive system of physical fitness and exercise developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century. It focuses on improving flexibility, strength, and overall body awareness.
The Pilates method is characterized by its emphasis on the following key principles:
- Core Strength: Pilates places a strong emphasis on building core strength, which includes the muscles of the abdomen, lower back, and pelvic floor. A strong core is believed to be the foundation of overall physical health and stability.
- Control: Pilates exercises are performed with precise control over each movement. This control is designed to enhance body awareness and prevent the risk of injury.
- Precision: Pilates exercises often involve specific movements and alignments to target and engage particular muscle groups. The precision in these movements contributes to their effectiveness.
- Breathing: Proper breathing techniques are integrated into Pilates exercises. Pilates practitioners are taught to use controlled and mindful breathing to enhance oxygen flow and relaxation during exercises.
- Flow and Fluidity: Pilates workouts are typically designed to be fluid and graceful, with movements that flow seamlessly from one to the next. This creates a sense of rhythm and elegance in the exercises.
- Concentration: Pilates requires mental focus and concentration to perform exercises correctly. This mental aspect is considered essential for achieving the full benefits of the method.
- Centering: Centering refers to the concentration of energy on the body’s core during exercises. This helps improve balance and stability.
Pilates exercises can be performed on the mat (floor exercises) or using specialized equipment, such as the Reformer, Cadillac, or spine corrector. The method is suitable for people of all fitness levels, from beginners to advanced practitioners. It is often used for physical rehabilitation, as well as a means of improving fitness, posture, and overall well-being.
The Pilates method has gained popularity worldwide for its holistic approach to fitness, which emphasizes not only physical strength but also mental and emotional well-being. It is often used to promote better posture, flexibility, and overall body conditioning. Many individuals find Pilates to be a valuable addition to their lifestyle, helping them achieve greater balance, stability, and a sense of overall health and wellness.
The GYROKINESIS® method is an original and unique form of coordination of movement, breathing and mental focus that helps increase the mobility of the spine in all directions.
Exercises are done on the chair, on the mat and standing, with an emphasis on circular and undulating movements of the body. These movements focus on the seven natural directions of spinal movement: forward, backward, left side, right side, left twist, right twist, and circular motion, working all the joints of the body. The movements are done carefully and systematically, through rhythmic and undulating movements. The exercises stimulate the body’s internal organs while integrating different breathing patterns. And rather than holding postures for a long time, they are connected seamlessly and harmoniously – making the exercises appear and feel like a dance.
The benefits of the GYROKINESIS® method
- Relaxation: these exercises are ideal at any age and are particularly beneficial for those with static occupations or back pain.
- Flexibility: One of the first things that worries us as we age is the fact that the range of motion we can do decreases. This can make it difficult to do exercises and move in general. This loss is often the result of compression of the body over time – gravity and normal wear and tear, but it can also be due to conditions such as osteoporosis or spinal stenosis. The GYROKINESIS® method encourages lengthening of the spine and decompression of the vertebrae through fluid and safe movements. Our challenge here will be to find the appropriate range of motion where the spine is in the decompressed state, where we allow a greater range of motion without discomfort. The end result is increased flexibility with more freedom, ease and comfort.
- Mobility: Gait changes and mobility challenges occur as the years go by and now I am referring specifically to the spiraling action of the spine. One way GYROKINESIS® exercises address this is to work through a series of rhythmic mobilizations for the spine in the seven directions mentioned while sitting in a chair. Carefully, movements are gradually combined to create increasingly complex spinal mobilizations. With age, there can also be a decrease in the mobility of the feet and ankles. In these situations, the GYROKINESIS® class can include specific exercises for the feet and ankles to bring awareness and mobilization to that area. Power Regular performance of GYROKINESIS® exercises strengthens the muscles that support the spine, hips and pelvis, while stabilizing the shoulder girdle. All movements are performed without impact and help strengthen the muscles in the abdomen, arms and legs.
- Posture: It affects both younger and more mature people. Bad postural habits developed over the years work against you to undermine the proper mechanics of your body’s movement patterns. Bad posture is not only uncomfortable, but also makes you more prone to injury. Plus, being hunched over all the time can destroy self-confidence. Again, the strengthening movements taught in GYROKINESIS® classes help improve posture.
- Intentional breathing: Similar to yoga and Pilates, GYROKINESIS® classes teach you simple breathing patterns with an emphasis on specific qualities of breath. Awareness of the breath will allow you to use it as a useful tool. Improper breathing can often be the root cause of back, neck and shoulder pain. When proper breathing is restored, not only can you find pain relief, but you can find an increased range of motion as more space becomes available between the ribs and in the diaphragm. And with the rib cage positioned in proper alignment over the pelvis, better movement function is available throughout the body.
Yoga is a holistic and ancient practice that encompasses physical postures, breathing exercises, meditation, and a philosophy for living a balanced and harmonious life. It originated in India thousands of years ago and has evolved into various styles and practices. The word “yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj,” which means to unite or join, signifying the union of mind, body, and spirit.
Join us at M.Therapy Studio and embark on a journey to a healthier, more balanced you. Discover the transformative benefits of Pilates, Gyrokinesis®, and yoga in a supportive and nurturing environment. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced practitioner, we have the perfect class for you. Start your path to wellness with us today.
Contact us to book your session or to learn more about our class schedule and pricing.
We look forward to helping you on your wellness journey.